6 April 2013

Various posters.

And by "various", I actually mean two. Process pictures sure go a long way towards bulking up a post.


First is a poster advertising my friend's one-act play. Given that the actors billed are all underclassmen, I'm not sure if life will precisely imitate art where costuming is concerned.

EDIT



What do you know, my friend agreed with me. He also asked for a version with Satan put in. The kid playing the demon (and let me make this clear right now: he's a great guy, really ace, really enthusiastic) just so happens to be terribly and irrevocably blond, which messed up my entire colour scheme for a little while. Everything turned out okay in the end, though.
Second one's pretty cute. I've done a poster for Fashion Rationale before and loved the end result, so this was a fun client to come back to—plus this time I remembered to save process pictures! Here we have the rough sketch; the font is Infinity, if you are so interested (and if you ever want to identify any font I've used, feel free to drop me a line).
Cleaned-up lineart. Getting from the first image to this one took about three and a half hours, for those of you keeping track.

Finished product. This project was basically an excuse to draw questionable fashion trends, and by that yardstick I'd say it was pretty damn successful, thank you very much.

EDITED AGAIN



Playing around in Photoshop resulted in two more versions! I almost think I like the teal one better than the original, honestly, but I've always been a sucker for teal. (click for big)

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore the teal version! In fact I loved it so much that I downloaded it with it now being my background picture x) So much talent! Your art is more graphic design-like than mine... Makes me weep with joy to look at it :') xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh thank you! you have no idea how happy it makes me to know you like it :')

      Delete