17 September 2016

Macbeth graphic novel.

Seventeen months between this post and the last? Don't mind if I do.

Anyhow, have some poorly scanned bits and pieces of a Macbeth graphic novel that I drew at fifteen. The sense of visual pacing involved in making comics doesn't come naturally to me, so this was quite an ambitious choice for an English class assignment – though frankly, "let's go overboard with drawing stuff!" was more or less my go-to approach in that subject.



Interestingly, the visual motifs of witches, masks, and transforming into birds are still finding their way into my drawings and stories a good six years after I drew this. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.



I'm dead fond of this panel in particular, where Macbeth and Banquo's thoughts and fears churn restlessly behind their dialogue. Meanwhile Fleance doesn't have the slightest inkling of what's to come. Ah, to be young and clueless again.


Perspective is for chumps! Also: whose hand does that even belong to, it isn't attached to anyone, sigh


I would make some kind of joke about reading the fine print in prophecy, but I'm pretty sure I'm better than that.

Peace out, yo.

No comments:

Post a Comment