16 March 2013

Cultural Convention work.

Every now and then this wonderful thing called Cultural Convention happens, which is pretty much a whiz-bang meetup of artistically, theatrically, musically, rhetorically, and dancetastically talented kids from the region's six main international schools. This year my school hosted the Debate/Forensics chunk of proceedings and through some trick of fate I ended up solely responsible for the event logo.


Stipulations were pretty clear: "Involve elements of local culture," they told me, "and don't insult the other schools too much." (I may be misremembering that last part.)


Mr Long Nose here is an artistic mangling of wayang kulit, one of my country's proudest, most beautiful forms of performance art. I'd say everything turned out fine.


Pretty fine, in fact.


Pret-ty fine indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment