16 March 2013

March issue.


Fewer pieces than usual because the issue itself was shortened. Then again, Spring Break (which our school's seniors traditionally spend in Bali, hence the cover) is coming up soon, so that may have been another factor in the productivity dip.


From an editorial about post-test gossip. This issue's homage goes out to the gorgeously expressive lowlighter, whose inky digital sketches will forever put mine to shame.


From my friend's column. He's really got a thing for ragging on the international student community, hasn't he?


Main art for Bali-themed In Depth. Working in colour is not my strong suit, but I promise the page spread looks pretty cute when it's all laid out properly.


Clipart for In Depth, this time about things to do when trapped in JKT over Spring Break. Squaring off those banners brought joy to my soul, though I can't quite decide if that's Monas or just a really wonky candle.

BONUS



First draft of the editorial illo. (Clavicles are fun.)


First draft of the main In Depth art. I think I tried to use Rule Of Thirds here but composition ranks about as high as colour theory and square dancing on my list of marketable skills.

March issue over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment